Similar to necessary repairs, basic reorganization and maintenance tasks are “must-dos”. While buyers might not notice such work when it is done, they’re sure to notice when it isn’t. This impression of neglect will make it more difficult for them to comfortably project themselves into your home’s living space.
Here are a few reorganization and maintenance tasks that can improve your home’s curb appeal and inside homeyness.
- Mow and rake the lawn, trim hedges and shrubs, weed and edge
- Clean sidewalks and driveway, remove any litter.
- Remove unnecessary items from the exterior of the
- Power wash the porch, siding, deck and
- Clean off your outdoor furniture and remove any in poor repair.
- Clean your air conditioner.
- Clear out the garage of everything but If yours has become a two-car attic, throw out all unnecessary items, and then thoroughly organize and clean everything that remains.
- If you have a pool, make sure it’s clean and functioning well or properly closed in the off-season.
- Clean and tidy the entrance, clear stairs and
- Create space by storing all excess
- Remove from closets, cabinets and shelves any clothes and other items you won’t need until after moving. Pre-pack and store if
- Organize kitchen counter tops, removing some appliances if necessary, to make them look as spacious as
- Thoroughly clean everything in and out of
- Remove all odors and add air freshener, dishes of potpourri, for scent.
- Throw out any unnecessary items in an unfinished basement, and then thoroughly organize and clean everything that
A Few Words About Clutter
For most buyers, cluttered homes tend to appear smaller, less full of air and light, and somehow requiring of more maintenance. Conversely, clutter-free homes generally seem brighter, more open and spacious, perhaps cleaner and requiring of less work. Additionally, clutter-free homes can make it easier for buyers to visualize their own interior design ideas, as well as the placement of all
While you may have many beautiful and meaningful belongings, they might make it more difficult for you to sell and cost you thousands of dollars when you do.