Having invested in some of the effort and expense of preparing your home to sell, you’ll certainly want it to take full advantage of it when you open up your property to prospective buyers and other agents during open houses, agent tours and showings.
That’s why making sure your property looks its very best can give you that little extra competitive edge that will help get it sold. Keep in mind that many REALTORS® have, through education and experience, mastered the art of home staging. Make the most of their skills – and impartiality – to create that “buying feeling” in your home.
Time-Proven Tips For Showing Your Home
Here are a few ideas that will help you maximize your home’s attractiveness to buyers:
- Ideally, you should be absent so buyers feel comfortable making
- Make sure your home highlight sheets are easily
- Open all drapes and shades during daylight hours to let in as much light as possible, but screen out unappealing
- Light the whole house, especially dark corners and
- Light (or turn on) the fi
- Showcase your home’s best featur
- Turn off the Play quiet background music.
- If you’ve repainted in neutral tones, add bold splashes of color (with throw pillows, crockery, pictures, )
- Place fresh flowers where they’ll stand
- Open all doors between rooms to give an inviting
- If possible, open windows beforehand to circulate fresh ai
- Pick up toys, remove all clutter, ensure beds are made, clothes put
- Floors should be clean, carpets and rugs
- Trash and recycling bins should be tidy and odor-free.
- The kitchen & bathrooms should
- If possible, bake cookies or put a pan of cinnamon in the oven to create a warm and inviting
- Ideally, pets should be Pet areas should be clean and odor-free. Not everyone may share your love of animals, and some may be allergic to them.
- Lock away and hide all cash, jewelry and small
Important: Keep Your Home Available (And Ready) For Showings
Particularly during the first weeks after you list your property, real estate agents from many firms will want to show it to their buyer clients. It is especially important during this window of opportunity, when interest will be at its highest, that you make your home available for showings, preferably at the time requested by the buyers’ agents.